Some song old, some song new, some song blue–3 songs a week that resound with me.
A song from any year prior to this one.
A song released or sung live less than one year before the posting.
Rainy day songs.
- Peaches (Movin’ to the Country) by Presidents of the United States of America. Danno played this while I cut up peaches.
- “Big Time” Peter Gabriel who was Big Time in the ’80s.
- I’m feeling Dave Mason this week–“Feelin’ Alright”
- In line with a ghost theme, “Highwayman” by The Highwaymen.
- To complement the Blue pick this week, “Shape I’m In” by The Band.
- “You’re Dead” by Norma Tanega was recommended by Christina Schmidt.
- Newer than “Peaches”. Ode to mystery slushies. Mystery Zone by Spoon.
- Covering Peter Gabriel’s “Sledgehammer”, Harry Styles and band 3/4/20 on Howard Sterns.
- Just when I’m thinking the grass is greener on “The Other Side”, wise words from Justin Timberlake. That’s right.
- “Living in a Ghost Town” by the Rolling Stones. “If I want to party, it’s a party of one.”
- “For Her” by Fiona Apple.
- “Break It Down” by Sea Wolf from Through a Dark Wood 2020. For those who have cut ties to someone they love.
- My Sister by Juliana Hatfield Three
- Released 5/14/20 by The Prince Estate–Prince and the Revolution: Live
- “Quarantine” by Home Free. I found this when looking for Dave Mason covers. I have to self isolate even from my family now because I am having a procedure in a few days.
- “How to Disappear Completely” by Radiohead. Caution: Very Sad.
- “Broken Arrow” by Robbie Robertson. Also, check out his remake of “The Weight”.
- “The Parting Glass” sung by Hozier on the Late Late Show on April 17, 2020.
Song Lyric Sunday
Thank you to View from the Back for introducing me to this fun challenge on the one day of the week where I have several hours in the morning to do nothing. Jim Adams’ challenge #7 is Cruel/Evil/Horrible/Monster/Wicked. The rules: post the lyrics with credit to the songwriter(s), a youtube video, pingback to the challenge, read one other person’s blog, and feel free to suggest future prompts.
The Lyrics “Psycho Killer” by David Byrne, Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth (AZ Lyrics)
I can’t seem to face up to the facts
I’m tense and nervous and I
I can’t sleep ’cause my bed’s on fire
Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire
Copyright Ⓒ 2020 Ann H Myers. All rights reserved. Please reblog and share.