Some song old, some song new, some song blue–3 songs a week, or when I get to it, that resound with me.
A song from any year prior to this one.
A song released or sung live less than one year before the posting.
Rainy day songs.
Long Way to Go by Dwight Yoakam
Where we are at the beginning of winter.
Tabasco and Sweet Tea by The Cadillac Three
A good song for dancing around the kitchen.
Dream a Little Dream of Me Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong
A little dream.
- “Go Where You Wanna Go” from Echo in the Canyon. Played endlessly by my husband. The jewel is Jade.
- The theme is Pennsylvania! Philadelphia Freedom I turned this up on the radio 11/7/20 after the election was called.
- Peaches (Movin’ to the Country) by Presidents of the United States of America. Danno played this while I cut up peaches.
- “Big Time” Peter Gabriel who was Big Time in the ’80s.
- I’m feeling Dave Mason this week–“Feelin’ Alright”
- In line with a ghost theme, “Highwayman” by The Highwaymen.
- To complement the Blue pick this week, “Shape I’m In” by The Band.
- “You’re Dead” by Norma Tanega was recommended by Christina Schmidt.
- “Sweet Lovely Darling” Saint James Band. Vocals George Castrinos and daughter Jade.
- Pennsylvania, official song of Pennsylvania is new to me.
- Newer than “Peaches”. Ode to mystery slushies. Mystery Zone by Spoon.
- Covering Peter Gabriel’s “Sledgehammer”, Harry Styles and band 3/4/20 on Howard Sterns.
- Just when I’m thinking the grass is greener on “The Other Side”, wise words from Justin Timberlake. That’s right.
- “Living in a Ghost Town” by the Rolling Stones. “If I want to party, it’s a party of one.”
- “For Her” by Fiona Apple.
- “Break It Down” by Sea Wolf from Through a Dark Wood 2020. For those who have cut ties to someone they love.
- Jade Castrinos w/ The Black Cherrys singing “Hunter”
- Philly has a way of claiming everything PA but Hall & Oates are from the city of bro love. Blue for the Dems, haha. Everything Your Heart Desires
- My Sister by Juliana Hatfield Three
- Released 5/14/20 by The Prince Estate–Prince and the Revolution: Live
- “Quarantine” by Home Free. I found this when looking for Dave Mason covers. I have to self isolate even from my family now because I am having a procedure in a few days.
- “How to Disappear Completely” by Radiohead. Caution: Very Sad.
- “Broken Arrow” by Robbie Robertson. Also, check out his remake of “The Weight”.
- “The Parting Glass” sung by Hozier on the Late Late Show on April 17, 2020.
Copyright Ⓒ 2020 Ann H Myers. All rights reserved. Please reblog and share.